Students from across all 24 CUNY schools get together for an incredible 3 days of hacking. Work together on a team to build something cool.
THEME: Hack Gotham
Become the superhero that NYC needs. Solve a problem that can make life better for you and your fellow New Yorkers.
46-hour sprint of ideas & coding. Prizes. Free food. Free swag. Bragging rights. Friends. Fun.
Ask the 483+ students who came to the CUNY Hackathon in November 2017 - it was intense, productive and fun! Photos here: www.cunystartups.com/hackathon2017fall
$4,795 in prizes
$1,500 check for best overall Hack
$1,000 - Best Hack using IBM Cloud or Watson
$1,000 - Best Hack using Open City Data with IBM Tech
Jaybird X3 Wireless Headphones
- 8 hour play time
- Secure + Comfort-Fit with interchangeable tips and fins
- Customize your sound with the Jaybird app
- Sweat-proof and water resistant
- Music + Calls
Pi 3 Model B+ Ultimate Kit - 32 GB
Includes New Raspberry Pi 3 (RPi3) Model B Quad-Core 1.2 GHz 1 GB RAM
On-board WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
32 GB Micro SD Card (Class 10)
CanaKit 2.5A Power Supply with 5 feet Micro USB Cable and Noise Filter (UL Listed)
And many more components!
$500 - Administration for Children's Services Challenge
$500 - ACS Challenge: How can you ensuring foster youth have 24/7 help available
Google MVP Community Prize
Google Home minis
Swag bag and a visit to the Codecademy Corporate Office
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
You must be a CUNY student to participate (CUNY student ID's are required at check-in)
You need to hack on all three days
- A team of 2-5 people
- Project must be relevant to the theme: HACK Gotham
***All teams that submit CORRECTLY, by deadline will be allowed to pitch***
You have 3 minutes to pitch. You must cover the following:
- What is your idea and/or what problem are you solving
- What is the most valuable thing you've learned during the Hackathon
- Demo the product (no sign-in screen)
When you submit your project:
- Please submit screenshots of what you have built before the deadline.Not the lines of code, visuals of the app or page, etc.
- Enter your source code into a Github repository and include the repository URL.
- Upload your presentation in PDF. ONLY UPLOAD PDF FILES! Your project file name should be your team name.
Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator
How compelling is the user story?
How original is the idea?
Look and feel of the product
Is the problem and solution clear?
How much has been completed?